Day 6 of our Instagram Challenge #yogaforallsenses We are 3 hosts so please check out @Iwona_yoga and @malamalamajewelry too!
Every day I will talk about the benefits of a Mudra and an essential oil to Support the Chakra we are talking about each challenge day.
Today it´s all about our Third Eye Chakra, Mahasirs Mudra and
Sandalwood Essential oil:
6th Chakra - Anja Chakra - 3rd eye
Our 6th Chakra is our Center of psychic power, higher Intention, magnetic forces and light and encompasses divine thought, blanced Intuition and intellect.
Sandalwood, Geranium, Frankincense
Middle of Forehead, above the eyebrows
intuitive, good Memory, perceptive, able to remember dreams, able to think symbolically, able to visualize
delusions, hallucinations, difficulty concentrating, nightmares
Poor Memory, poor Vision, difficulty visualizing, mono-polarized
Vision, Intuition, clear perception, spiritual perspective
Indigo blue, representing spiritual attainment, the search of spiritual purpose in life
Inhalation method, under the nose and middle of forehead
Sandalwood Essential Oil
Royal Hawaiian Sandalwood has a rich, sweet, warm, woody aroma that is sensual and romantic. Used traditionally for meditation. This oil is uplifting and relaxing and is valued in skincare for its moisturising properties... Light, woody, sweet, rich, soothing, relaxing, uplifting and grounding; clearing away negativity and focusing the mind while opening the heart. Calms restlessness allowing deep meditation and sound sleep, while awakening the third eye. Centering and chakra balancing. An aphrodisiac. Holds frequency while eliciting higher angelic vibrations of the divine.
Sandalwood Essential Oil Uses:
- Diffuse or apply to the neck and shoulders at bedtime for a restful night’s sleep.
- Add 1–2 drops to your favorite moisturizer or night cream for smooth, glowing skin.
- Add 1–2 drops to a hot bath to promote relaxation and reduce stress.
- Diffuse Hawaiian Sandalwood essential oil throughout the room before and during yoga.
- Place 1 drop in the palms of your hands, rub together, and cup over the nose and mouth while you breathe to clear confusion.
Caution: Keep out of reach of children. For external use only.
Keep away from eyes and mucous membranes. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult a health professional prior to use..
This mudra is particularly good for sinus headaches. It is also calming, centering and clears your head bringing clarity.
I have learnded a lot of lessons in my life when it Comes to Hormones, headaches and migraines. This Mudra is really awesome if you also suffer with headaches and migraines.
How to do the Mahasirs Mudra for Headaches:
- Place your ring finger into the fold of the thumb.
- Touch the tips of your thumb, index and middle finger.
- Keep the baby finger straight.
- Do this with both hands.
- Hold it as long as necessary.
More benefits of Mahasirs Mudra
Eliminates mucus congestion in the frontal sinuses
Quiets the senses and calms the emotions